i Wish i Could Be On Time!

27 December 2003

The boy in front of me had a fuzzy on his stripped shirt. It drove me crazy for a long hour and a half. I went to mass with my grandma. It makes her happy anyway, but I have completely analyzed the Catholic mass. This is how it goes: the church fills up with people, ok with white people. There is no diversity among the pews. Then a line of four people walk down the center isle. There are two alter boys with sneakers under their robes, followed by a man holding the bible, and then the priest is last. We all turn toward the center isle and sing until the line of people passes us. Then the priest greets us and we read from a book that is not only not understood, but it is conditioned in our brains. I know this because I remembered all the prayers even though I have not been to church since my aunt's death. This is a true Catholic: go the mass when there is a funeral or a wedding. The priest then stands in front of us gesticulating as he acts like Dr. Phil and tells us how we should live our lives, while after mass he will go hop in his BMW to go home. Funny, huh? The mass is totally performed by men and men only. They say that now girls can be "alter girls" but I have yet to see one. After the lecture from the big bad wolf, (because that is how I always saw them as a little Catholic girl) it is time for a little snack. The priest drinks wine and bread mumbles and then we all get in a single fill line to get our bread and wine. I am happy about this for two reasons. #1 I am very hungry & #2 I need a little "drink" to get through the rest of the service. After our snack, we sing one last song and then we leave. Everyone acts like they are so glad to see each other and ask questions like, "how is your mother" and "how are the kids" etc, etc, etc...Basically questions that nobody actually gives a damn about, they are just trying to be nice. They are all so fake. I feel this way because the whole time during mass, this woman next to me spent the entire time looking at people, then laughing, and then she proceeded to whisper to her husband who in return laughed at her comment. This is supposed to be the house of god people, how dare you sit and judge??? This is why I never go to church, sorry folks, but if I wanted to be judged then I would go have lunch with my mother...

href="http://www.haloscan.com/tb/crazypoet/107257624008692257/" title="Trackback" onclick="HaloScanTB('107257624008692257'); return false;">

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com