i Wish i Could Be On Time!

11 January 2004

Apparently, money doesn't equal happiness...Who knew?
So, I was at Walmart buying my school supplies, and this house Frau was standing in line before me. She literally spent minutes arguing with the cashier demanding to see a manager because she felt that an item was on sale, and the cashier claimed it wasn't. After paying with her Visa "Gold card" or whatever the hell it was she stormed out with her two children sticking their noses in the air as they marched out the door. The poor cashier was just about in tears, and I felt like it was my duty to say something. Say anything to assure her that not all people are this way. Of course I stood there and just smiled instead. Later, I felt horrible. I wanted to go back to that Walmart cashier and tell her that I know what it feels like to be part of the working class. I wanted to tell her that someday she would have lots of money and be happy, that is until I had my huge revelation...money isn't everything. Obviously we can learn that lesson from the bitchy customer at Walmart. But, honestly, I would rather have my friends and family that all the money in the world. Money satisfies a void until you realize that money is not exactly fun unless you can share it with someone you love...

href="http://www.haloscan.com/tb/crazypoet/107387016296234838/" title="Trackback" onclick="HaloScanTB('107387016296234838'); return false;">

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com