i Wish i Could Be On Time!

17 March 2004

Childhood Memories
There are some good aspects of my childhood. Yes, I know it’s shocking for me to have an optimistic flashback, but occasionally I will. My family is very Irish, and we’re not the kind to “fake it” on St. Patrick’s for attention, we really are Irish. My heritage stems from Cork County, Ireland. So being that this is a big day for my family, we always did one thing that was memorable. On St. Patrick’s Day, my mom would let each one of us girls wear a pin that sported our heritage. Every year I fought for the “Top o’ the mornin’ ” one. I liked this one best because it had a little leprechaun holding up his top hat and clicking his heels; plus it was from Ireland. So, in all tradition here is an Irish Blessing (one of my person favorites) & and Irish joke to tell tonight at the bar.

An Irish Blessing
May you be half an hour in Heaven
Before the Devil knows you’re dead.

Irish humor
McQuillan walked into a bar and ordered martini after martini, each time removing the olives and placing them in a jar. When the jar was filled with olives and all the drinks consumed, he started to leave.
"S'cuse me," said a customer, who was puzzled over what McQuillan had done. "What was that all about?"
"Nothing," he replied, "my wife just sent me out for a jar of olives."

Happy St Patrick's Day!!!
May the luck be with you and yours...

href="http://www.haloscan.com/tb/crazypoet/107955424994113706/" title="Trackback" onclick="HaloScanTB('107955424994113706'); return false;">

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com