i Wish i Could Be On Time!

24 March 2004

Fabulous Female!!
Dr. Christy Karnes
Loco for LUNA bars...

In these dreary final days of winter, when the sun and the moon seem unwilling to submit to springtime, I decided it was time for some cheering up for my readers. It wasn’t supposed to happen…I thought the woman hated me. Here’s the thing: she probably didn’t like me… (Too much anyway) being that I kept skipping her class; but she pushed me. She made me work so fucking hard, and I began to dislike her in the process. I mean please, this pretty little Irish princess working for a good grade? Please!? Well, yes, you better believe it, I did. I worked my little ass off. And I ended up getting a perfect score on my midterm! Go me! Time has passed, and I am over the “sucking up” sessions and have now moved on to the, “my god, I really love this class!” time. And I do. Me, a contemporary American literature gal, in love with British literature. My friend Angie just giggles at the thought and shakes her head saying, “I knew you’d give in, I knew you would…” And so I have. Christy has become one of my most favorite people in the whole wide world. I don’t have to be superficial around her. I can be my adorable self. I can ask questions to things I have always wondered, and not feel like a total idiot. I can tell her about Hallmark Man and not feel like a complete looser for getting involved with him. I can talk to her about my anorexia and not feel ashamed. She understands so much; and always gives me advice. For instance, she tells me to go get these things called LUNA bars, and so I did. Later that week I told her that they tasted like shit, and she just laughed and replied, “Yea, fuck you” laugh, laugh. Christy is a wonderful woman, and a good role model for me as a student. She has taught me to be more patient with myself and to look at things in a different way. I could go on and on forever, but all I can say is that if Miami had a professor of the year award, I’d nominate her! Christy is definitely, definitely, fabulous!!!!!

href="http://www.haloscan.com/tb/crazypoet/108014566989808091/" title="Trackback" onclick="HaloScanTB('108014566989808091'); return false;">

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com