i Wish i Could Be On Time!

07 November 2004

Numbly Laughing...

It had been the end of a hellish week with the stress of school, work, the election, and so on...

I left my Spanish class with $3 in hand, got into my car and drove to the nearest gas station-- Dairy Mart. Even though I am now 24 years of age, I am still carded just about everywhere, but this was not the straw that broke the camel's back.

I was about 3/4 the way out of the parking lot (with the back butt of my bumper technically still on Dairy Mart property), and just in front of me there was a SUV waiting patiently for the light to turn green. The next thing I knew, she threw her car in reverse and hit me to avoid a semi-truck from smashing into the front of her car. I'm not upset, just jolted a bit, no I'm rather numb. A few seconds passed, I tossed my cigarette out the narrow slot of my window, grabbed the wheel with both hands and lost it...I couldn't stop laughing. It was similar to one of those books where you could pick your own ending-- I wouldn't have picked a more perfect ending to my week. I laughed so hard, tears feel from my eyes. Since then, I have had one headache after another and I'm not the headache type girl, but I think it is all the stress, or maybe I laughed too hard...but now my headlights are lopsided! Ha!

href="http://www.haloscan.com/tb/crazypoet/109980925920989348/" title="Trackback" onclick="HaloScanTB('109980925920989348'); return false;">

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com